We believe that every person and company has a responsibility to the planet, we should all be doing our part, however big or small to reduce our impact.
Marshall-Tufflex takes full responsibility for the affect our business has on society and the environment. We believe it is important to negate our impact. We want Marshall-Tufflex to be a company that every employee and customer is proud of. We aren’t perfect, but we are trying.
Reducing our environmental impact
Marshall-Tufflex has been making strides to reduce its environmental impact, we have been sourcing sustainable recycled content to use in our manufacturing process for the last 20 years!
Where does our recycled material come from?
All our recycled material originates from PVC-U windows. PVC-U windows are inherently more durable than trunking as they are designed to withstand the external environment. As a result, our trunking that is manufactured from recycled content is stronger than when virgin material is used.
We have taken care to choose a supplier that shares the same values as us, and can ensure that we will have a sustainable supply of material.
- Industry leader in recycling 'end of life' PVC-U windows,
- Reliable, cost-effective, long-term service that you can depend on.
- Work with window fabricators and installers and waste companies
Windows do not have an everlasting lifespan, they need to be replaced. The number of PVC windows being recycled has risen by 42% since 2010, our supplier’s UK division’s annual tonnage has grown by 219% since 2010.
Environmental benefits of PVC-U
- No harm to the environment from dioxin emissions.
- 100% recyclable products mean prolonged ongoing usage.
- Excellent fire performance from PVC-U with significantly less fire propagation than many other materials.
- Low intrinsic (43%) oil content is only 4% of the world's oil is used for plastics.
- No painting or repainting is needed, ensuring a reduced use of chemicals.
- No requirement for chemical treatments as PVC-U is tough and resistant to weather and corrosion.
- PVC-U has a long life cycle and less energy is required to produce it compared with other materials such as wood.
- A cost-effective and sustainable choice by comparison with steel, copper and aluminium.