Marshall-Tufflex provides cable management solutions for medical and healthcare environments. Solutions include PVC-U trunking with bio ingredients to prevent the spread of infections and disease.
By incorporating silver ions within the PVC-U based material the perimeter trunking will deliver ongoing antimicrobial protection that prevents 99.9% of harmful bacteria. Because the Marshall-Tufflex Bio trunking solution is integral to the PVC-U material, there is no reduction in effectiveness throughout its life, even if it is damaged or scratched.
- Prevention of harmful bacteria growth
- Antimicrobial properties inherently formulated within the PVC-U and ABS compounds
- A durable, non-leaching antimicrobial treatment
- Testing to ISO 22196:2011
- Proven silver ion-based technology to neutralise any bacteria with which it comes into contact with
- Registration with the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA)
- Compliance with the European Biocidal Products Directive (BPD)
- Proven reductions in bacterial viable count by more than 99.9%
- Antimicrobial treatments provide an extra level of protection when combined with normal cleaning procedures
Bio trunking has demonstrated effectiveness against:
Methicillin resistant Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA): an antibiotic resistant, opportunist pathogen that can survive on surfaces within the hospital environment.
Klebsiella pneumoniae: an opportunist pathogen affecting people with a weakened immune system.
Escherichia coli: All of us are colonised by E.coli in our gut but this bacterium can cause infections if it is transferred to a wound or a different part of the body causing severe food-associated illness.